Our expeditions help students reach their potential, enhance your school’s profile and boost teachers’ CVs
Through our school expeditions programme, Challengers develop leadership, teamwork and decision-making skills while travelling abroad. By really engaging with another culture and a remote environment as a team they change the way they think about the world and their place in it.
Students achieve more than they thought possible by stretching beyond their comfort zones on physically strenuous treks. They reap the benefits of hard work on community and conservation projects, living and working alongside local people and embracing their culture. Travelling to amazing destinations, they see unmissable cultural sights and enjoy adventurous activities from white water rafting to zip-lining and wildlife safaris.
As the UK’s leading expedition company, we are experts at providing the best experience and unrivalled support for Challengers, teachers, and parents back home. Students return with increased employability skills and a true sense of accomplishment from completing their own World Challenge.
At World Challenge, we believe the build-up programme is as important as the expedition itself, teaching students important life skills such as teamwork and money management. Our structured programme, led by experienced staff, teaches practical skills and encourages students to take responsibility for themselves and their team.
What will your students choose for their expedition?
We put the students in control of their trip. They plan their itinerary, raise the necessary funds and then lead the expedition once they are in country. All activities are based around four phases:
Students kick-start their expedition by immersing themselves in the local culture or with a light trek to prepare for their main challenge.
This is a chance for some cultural sightseeing and adventure activities from white water rafting to zip-lining and wildlife safaris.
How it works
Once you've chosen your destination, students plan and prepare for the expedition for up to two years before departure.
With our support, your students:
- Plan their itinerary together
- Raise expedition funds with the help of our sponsored events
- Get fit with the World Challenge Fitness programme
- Develop practical skills on a Training Expedition
- Discuss the trip with their Expedition Leader and parents
- Run through final checks before setting off on expedition
Benefits of a World Challenge Expedition
Enhance student life skills, employability and university applications, boost your school’s profile and teachers’ CVs.
- Develops leadership skills, decision making and teamwork
- Broadens horizons through new experiences
- Enhances university applications and employability
For teachers and schools:
- Teachers visit amazing destinations and travel abroad for free
- Potential for Continuing Professional Development points
- Attract more pupils to your school with World Challenge expeditions
Project Independence is a stand-alone programme that allows young people to experience the life-changing benefits of a World Challenge expedition by signing up on an individual basis.