Corporate Social Responsibility
The World Challenge Board of Directors is fully committed and responsible for the corporate governance of the business, ensuring that the business is managed in a wholly ethical and moral manner, striving towards best practice at all times.
World Challenge complies with and aims to exceed all standards set by regulators or guiding bodies in the school expedition and outdoor industry.
Intelligent business operations
Sustainability and responsible travel are an inherent part of our ethos. We aim to ensure that all of our expeditions have a minimum or positive impact on people, places and the planet. This includes business operations and expeditions in both the UK and overseas.
People and places
We adhere to the Young Explorers’ Trust and British Biological Society’s guidelines on Environmental Responsibility for Expeditions.
- Encouraging teams to eat and buy local food rather than imported
- Including a sustainable project phase as part of every expedition
- We adhere to the guidelines of the International Porters’ Protection Group (where possible all the porters we use have access to adequate clothing, boots, shelter and food, medical care and insurance)
We reduce the negative impact our business has on the environment including reducing, reusing and recycling where possible.
- We work in an environmentally friendly building
- We have a network of regional staff to minimise travel without compromising excellent customer service
- We offset carbon emissions for all employee flights
- We give Challengers the option to offset carbon emissions
- We work with Climate Care
- We use as little paper as possible and recycle all paper and packaging
- We use credible printers
Find out moreT +44 (0)1494 427600
Contact us quickly via our online contact form
Find out how to launch an expedition