We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
a. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
b. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name and contact information);
c. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including email address and phone numbers);
d. any other information that you choose to send to us.
- Your Information
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
- Use of personal data submitted on this website
We may use your personal information to:
a. administer the website;
b. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
c. enable your use of the services available on the website;
d. supply to you services purchased via the website;
e. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
f. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
g. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
h. send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
i. provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
j. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Our use of your information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to our service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These business purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, service quality, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information and sensitive personal data to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
- Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
(3) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
- Other disclosures
a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
- Foreign Controls
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
- Your rights
(1) On completing our Data Subject Access Request form, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email” or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) For a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request.
Please write to World Challenge’s, Legal Department, TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QL.
(4) You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to email@example.com) at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Use of tools/"cookies" and links to other websites
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
However, if you also receive our email marketing, we will tailor the information we send you unless to tell us not to. This means we may use information we hold and cookies to identify your individual web site search behaviour and preferences. This will enable us to send you more personalised and relevant communications. You will be given the opportunity on every communication to opt-out of this personalisation
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; and (3) transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
- Security Statement
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
- Changes to this Policy
Find out moreT +44 (0)1494 427600
Contact us quickly via our online contact form
Find out how to launch an expedition